Microsoft has released .NET 6 this week, this stable, fast and versatile framework can be used for any application on any device. And at MijnHostingPartner.nl you can use it for all your web development needs. Let's take a look at what makes .NET 6 special and how you can use it for your next project.
With .NET 6 you can be sure that your next project or website will be supported for at least 3 years and will be able to run without any major actions as .NET 6 is LTS or long term support which means it will be supported longer than a short beta update. With our .NET 6 hosting we require stability to be able to offer this to you as our customer. Therefore we are excited to support the next .NET version for your next project.
New functionality and updates to .NET 6
Just like in previous versions, there are a lot of changes, fixes and improvements to .NET 6. Let's cover these below.
- Hot Reload, it is now possible to apply changes to Razor, C# and CSS source files without re-building or restarting the app.
- Minimal APIs, creating a new ASP.NET Core app is just a few lines of code with C# and simplified hosting model.
- Asynch streaming: Asynchronously stream data from your server without the need for buffering.
- IAsynchDisposable: Support for this on components and controllers.
- Bootstrap 5.1, .NET 6 now comes with Bootstrap 5.1 to make sure you can use the latest design on your website.
- Null-state analysis, this is now on by default on all ASP.NET Core templates.
- CSS isolation for pages and views, Scope CSS styles to specific pages or views using .cshtml.css files.
- Blazor improvements, many parts of Blazor have been improved and taken care of. Applications made with it are more versatile and faster than ever.
Growing with .NET 6
Integration in Umbraco and NopCommerce
Of course Umbraco and NopCommerce will also integrate .NET 6 into their Content Management Systems, this will ensure that the latest features in the popular content management systems can also be used. When exactly this will become available is not yet known, when it does we will of course post about it in our blog posts. Umbraco and NopCommerce remain the most popular Content Management Systems made in .NET, and are of course able to run with our .NET 6 Hosting packages. Check out our packages now to make your choice!